Reiki therapy, otherwise known as Reiki healing, is an alternative medicine technique that uses energy healing. This therapy is a very gentle way to promote healing, reduce stress, and alleviate pain. While it has been used for over a century since it was invented in Japan, it can be unfamiliar to many people in Western culture. The therapy has been used in multiple countries to complement other types of health practices. Hopkins Chiropractic in Bridgeville, PA, offers insight into Reiki therapy.
Health Benefits of Reiki Therapy
Practitioners of Reiki therapy claim that there are multiple benefits to the practice. This therapy can be used to:
- Create a meditative state.
- Foster tissue and bone healing after injury or surgery. The transfer of energy that comes with this type of therapy can promote the repair and growth of soft tissues in the body.
- Stimulate the immune system. It is believed that people who receive this type of therapy have stronger immune systems. It has been theorized that the transfer of energy can enhance a body's existing immune system or that the energy promotes healing of all the body's systems. It may also help the body to cleanse impurities.
- Promote natural self-healing. This is why many people who suffer from cancer, arthritis, diabetes, and other chronic conditions decide to try this method. When traditional methods of medicine have failed, this therapy has been shown to produce better results than not using any other type of therapy. At the very least, this might be because the therapy tends to reduce stress and put patients in a calmer state of mind, which may help their body's natural systems to heal and repair tissues or eliminate pathogens that cause disease.
- Relieve pain and tension. Patients who use this therapy report less pain and tension during and after treatments for other illnesses and conditions.
What Conditions Can Reiki Therapy be Used to Treat?
A variety of people with various illnesses and conditions can use this type of therapy to enhance the medical treatment they are already receiving. Specifically, this treatment has been shown to increase better outcomes for cancer patients. The treatment has also been used to treat chronic conditions such as arthritis and diabetes.
Schedule Your Appointment Today
If you are looking for a chiropractor in Bridgeville, PA, that performs Reiki healing, call Hopkins Chiropractic at 412-221-3232 today to schedule an appointment.